Your primary responsibility will be to lead on the design, management and analysis of a broad range of in vivo studies. You are expected to have extensive experience in the design and conduct of animal studies and the role will provide a great variety in the projects undertaken. You should be self-motivated and able to organise, research and perform experiments effectively, accurately and to a high standard. You will work in multi-disciplinary collaborations with external scientists as well as other divisions within RxCelerate, involving a high level of teamwork.
- Contribute expertise to the design and scientific research of in vivo
- Coordinate and conduct in vivo
- Analyse efficacy, tolerability and PK/PD data and produce reports to tight deadlines.
- Present data to key stakeholders.
- Assist in the supervision and training of staff.
- Work closely with other RxCelerate divisions to ensure the successful delivery and analysis of in vivo projects.
- PhD (or equivalent) with experience of post-PhD research in industry or academia.
- Proven track record of independently planning and running in vivo studies with practical competencies in regulated procedures such as dosing (such as i.p., i.v., p.o., s.c.) and blood/tissue sampling.
- Experience of managing the operational and logistical aspects of in vivo
- Significant experience of analysing and interpreting a broad range of datasets.
- Currently hold or have recently held a PIL.
- Excellent understanding of the regulatory and compliance aspects of in vivo
- High ethical standards with experience of applying the 3R’s.
- Excellent scientific communication skills, including the ability to write study proposals and reports as well as the ability to present data to a diverse audience.
- Flexible: ability to react to changing priorities and to work flexibly (out of hours working, including weekends, evenings and public holidays, is required for this post as necessary).
- Highly organised and self-motivated.
- Ability to multitask and work across multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent level of computer literacy.
- Experience of setting up a new rodent model of disease.
- Experience of measuring pressure volume (PV) loops in rodents to assess cardiac function.
- Rodent surgical experience.
This is a full-time role, which includes weekend working when required by ongoing studies. RxCelerate offers a competitive salary with an annual bonus scheme, company pension and company benefit package.
You will be required to travel between sites with equipment within the Cambridge area; therefore, a driving licence and access to a car is essential.
Please send a cover letter, outlining how you meet the requirements above, and curriculum vitae in PDF format to email@example.com . Informal enquiries can also be directed to this email address.
RxCelerate values and actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.