The successful candidate will play a key role in the management of multiple drug discovery programmes from early research through to development and early clinical phases. Working within multi-disciplinary teams they will be responsible for the delivery of projects to defined plans, timelines and costs. In a fast-moving environment, they will need to be highly organised with outstanding attention to detail, have a pro-active approach to challenges and demonstrate exceptional team-working skills.
As a senior member of the Project Management Team, they will contribute to the strategic direction and growth of the group. The Senior Project Manager will have line management responsibilities and be expected to mentor less-experienced team members.
- Input into the preparation of project plans, budgets and contractual agreements.
- Contribute to scientific and operational discussions with clients and functional experts to define project strategy and goals.
- Manage in-house and outsourced project activities to deliver projects to agreed plans.
- Act as key point of contact for clients, collaborators and contract research organisations.
- Administer internal and external team meetings ensuring responsibilities are defined and stakeholders work to agreed plans.
- Drive high-performance of project teams, ensuring clear communication and effective decision-making.
- Manage scientific documentation and data for project progression, patent filing, regulatory submissions and in preparation for asset or corporate sale.
- Line manage other Project Managers.
- Work with the head of the group to design and implement the business strategy for the Project Management team.
- Contribute to the development of internal operational systems to support company growth.