The successful candidate will join our team of scientists. They will be expected to support biologics drug discovery programmes in line with our clients’ requirements and our own internal technical development. Strong organisation skills and enthusiasm to learn more about drug discovery are key qualities required for this position. RxBiologics will train the successful candidate in antibody discovery processes and techniques. This is a full-time lab based role and the candidate will report into a senior member of the team.
- Support internal and external client projects.
- Provision of cross functional support, facilitating antibody display, protein expression and assay screening campaigns.
- Reporting of work to line manager and the science team.
- Maintenance of accurate experimental records and delivery of high-quality reports.
- Laboratory support to ensure the smooth operation of the laboratories.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant biological science and ideally a year’s laboratory-based experience, preferably gained within the biotechnology or pharmaceutical sector.
- Molecular biology skills such as DNA isolation, PCR, cloning, gel electrophoresis and sequence analysis.
- Working knowledge of plate-based immunoassays, eg. ELISA, HTRF or Alphascreen.
- An understanding of protein expression, purification.
- Skilled in protein profiling assays such as quantitation, SDS PAGE and western blot.
- Experience in mammalian cell culture and assays.
- Skilled in handling and culturing bacteria.
- Confident in preparing general laboratory media and reagents.
- Ability to work flexibly across projects with excellent organisation and prioritisation skills.
- Enjoys working independently and in a team.
- Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
This is a full-time role. RxBiologics offers a competitive salary with an annual bonus scheme and company benefit package.
When applying for this role, please include a cover letter outlining how you meet the competencies described above. Interested applicants should send their cover letter and curriculum vitae in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org by 26th March 2021.
Informal enquiries can also be directed to this email address.
Only applicants based in the UK and EU need apply, as this role does not qualify for international sponsorship.