At present RxCelerate have two service PPLs, which focus on diseases with an inflammatory component and bleeding disorders respectively. Each PPL has a diverse range of supporting protocols spanning many techniques and procedures. However, as we expand and our research areas diversify and grow it has become apparent that we now need to establish a portfolio of licences. The Project Licence Portfolio Manager is expected to oversee RxCelerate’s group of PPLs, and in collaboration with in vivo Scientists amend, write new and renew current PPLs as required. The post holder is expected to be fully conversant in the Home Office guidance on how to carry out scientific research and testing using animals and how to apply for a licence using ASPeL. Ideally, they will have held a PPL previously and been part of an ethical review process. The candidate is expected to be a methodical worker with keen attention to detail and have the ability to translate their understanding of the drug discovery process for a broad range of disease areas into working project licences. Since RxCelerate offers a dynamic and exciting working environment this role will provide variety in the projects undertaken, as part of a supportive and collaborative multidisciplinary company.
- Be custodian of all PPLs held at RxCelerate.
- Oversee and work closely with other PPL holders to ensure compliance.
- Chair the internal Project Support Team and take responsibility to amend, renew and write new PPLs as required, whilst adhering to deadlines.
- Keep up to date with current Home Office guidance and Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act (ASPA) on how to carry out scientific research and testing using animals and disseminate information to others.
- Uphold the principles of the 3Rs in everything we do.
- In collaboration with the Preclinical Director and Preclinical Team Managers, maintain awareness of all experimental work carried out.
- Proactively identify and collate information on potential animal models and any refinements for those currently in use.
- Manage the completion of retrospective reviews and Home Office returns and any other regulatory requirements.