E3Bio is a pre-clinical stage virtual biotechnology company. The company is focused on the efficient development of first in class small molecules stimulating safe removal of cellular debris through the process of autophagy. RxCelerate has supported E3Bio through both candidate identification and pre-clinical development.
RxCelerate has added value to E3Bio in a variety of ways. Highlights have been:
- Identification of a candidate with the synthesis of only 128 molecules
- Selection of diseases that would allow rapid, low risk progression to clinical PoC
- Early validation of tool compounds in these diseases to derisk and add value early in the company’s evolution
- Design and implementation of an efficient plan to progress the candidate to both IND and CTA filings
- Demonstration of efficacy of the candidate in a variety of novel, bespoke models of NASH with pathologies highly relevant to the human disease
- Internal process chemistry and management of CMO’s to ensure suitable GMP grade material available, resulting in two patent filings to further protect the candidate
- Initiating a program to progress new leads for CNS indications
With our support E3Bio has raised significant Series A and B funding and is currently in discussions to partner the candidate.